Friday, December 08, 2006

Bye bye Internet Pavilion

Here I am on my last booth duty...with not much to do, as you can see. We've given away all our bags. I can recite the NRO presentation backwards and in my sleep. The show seems to have been opened up to the general public who are taking everything that isn't nailed down. This morning's shift told us that the people on the Egypt booth had to run after people and extract their little display statues from their sweaty hands. Nurani has just returned with news that one stand was giving away little pastries and there was 80 people in the queue.

It seems that news of my blog has travelled afar. Matthew came to ask me today if I knew who 'scrabble addict' was because someone had forwarded him the link saying "someone is blogging from the Internet Pavillion!"

This morning, faced with the prospect of returning home and not being able to shop in the manner I have become accostomed to, I got up early and went to Tsing Yi. I had to stock up on the disposable panties that have now become a must-have item back in Amsterdam. I also went a bit nuts, grabbing bags of unidentifiable edible objects (UEO). NCC Comms can look forward to sampling the BBQ flavour Cuttle Fish Strips I just bought.

I don't think I can ever come to HK again. If I do, I will surely face bankrupcy upon my return. Looking forward to getting back to cold, wet Amsterdam because I am physically and mentally and suitcase-ly overloaded. I'm also having murderous thoughts about Hello Kitty and am feeling violent towards anything pink...overdose!

On a brighter note, I did buy a camera (not a brighter note for my bank account, obviously) so pictures will be uploaded soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find you impertinent. Twenty five years my mother and I have been reading this blog, and you offer me 'BBQ flavour Cuttle Fish Strips'

Just because a man knows all the words to 'Send in the Clowns' and takes an interest in Hello Kitty, you assume he hankers after the taste of pork?

How very dare you, how very very dare you.